2006 Jan 09 09:39

[vox] All In One Printer/Scanner/Fax?

I think I've almost convinced my wife that an all-in-one printer/scanner/fax
machine would be a good investment (hey, it took me two years to convince her
that a DVD player was a good idea).

The idea I've had is that I would hook the device up to my Fedora Core 3
server, and connect to it with my Kubuntu or FC3 or WinXP computers.  I've
had pretty good luck getting printers to work, but I've never gotten a
scanner to work under Linux.  Does anyone have one of these devices that
they've gotten to work under Linux?  If so, what brand/model, and are there
any tricks I should know about?

"That which does not kill me makes me stranger."
    -Llewellyn, from Ozy & Millie