2005 Nov 15 12:19

[vox] Computers for Hurricane Katrina update 11/15/05

[vox] Computers for Hurricane Katrina update 11/15/05

Hi Folks:

We still have this project on track but it's hit an operational roadblock. The donor of the computers cannot release them to UCD Materials Management for us work on until we have transportation off UCD's campus guaranteed. We are about 2 weeks short of approval/denial from the Air Force on a local Air Guard unit's offer to take them down. Therefore I am also looking at backup transportation to include these first computers and a load of furniture UCD is also donating to agencies in the area.

If anyone on this list has a contact in the Red Cross, or any other relief agency running loads to the Gulf Coast, please let me know and I will contact them.

Thanks,

BEN

--
Ben Timmons
Technology and Organizational Consulting