2005 Nov 12 01:54

[vox] [fwd] Linux Applications Contest - Win $50K

[vox] [fwd] Linux Applications Contest - Win $50K

Fwd'd on behalf of Steve McCool.  I've seen this posted on other LUG lists,
and apparently the device in question is pretty cool. :^)

-bill!

----- Forwarded message from Steve McCool <smccool@realmsys.com> -----

Project BlackDog Contest Begins - $50,000 Grand Prize to be Awarded

Realm Systems has announced the start of Project BlackDog, a skills
contest offering prizes in five categories, including a $50,000 grand
prize for the best application created or ported to run on BlackDog.

BlackDog is a pocket-sized, self-contained server with a built-in
biometric reader and Debian-based Linux operating system. Unlike any
other mobile computing device, BlackDog contains its own processor,
memory and storage, and is completely powered by the USB port of a
host computer with no external power adapter required.

Complete contest rules, product information, and ordering information
can be found at www.projectblackdog.com.

Regards,

Steve

Steve McCool