2005 Nov 05 22:55

Re: [vox] [fwd] OSDL Linux Client Survey

Bill Kendrick wrote:

>More surveys! ;^)

Sorry to be such a thorn in the side, but -- same problem, different
survey.

When you openly invite people to fill out a survey, the results are no
longer applicable to the target population (in this case, the Desktop
Linux users). I find it hard to believe that such surveys pop up all
over the place with little thought put into the validity issues. Of
course, most people will not question the methodology once the results
are published.

Any sampling gurus on the list? Care to comment?

Sameer

--
Dr. Sameer Verma, Ph.D.
Asst. Professor of Information Systems