2005 Sep 19 17:46

[vox] Fwd: 7-Year old HP Computer--Very Cheap or free to Good Home

It appears Winston is not subscribed to 'vox', or posted from the
wrong email address.  Please send replies to him directly.

----- Forwarded message -----

Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 23:44:26 +0000
From: Winston Berger <lovetone@dcn.org>
Subject: 7-Year old HP Computer--Very Cheap or free to Good Home

Hi,

This is my first post to the list, although I came to a LUGOD meeting last
November and met some folks at the WEF table.

Anyway, a friend dropped by unannounced a couple days ago with his old
computer. It's an HP Pavilion c355 (333 mhz Celeron, 64MB RAM, 4G HD). I
had to replace the CD drive, at which time I blew the dust out of the
case innards. I ditched Window$ 98 and installed VectorLinux 5.1 (based
on Slackware, good for older/low resource machines). There is also an HP
DeskJet 697C Serial Printer (but no power supply so I dunno if it works).
I can include keyboard/mouse from an old Dell.

It's been running stably and the fan is pretty quiet. No network card,
unknown soundcard, winmodem, not sure about video card model. It has a
few PCI slots and two USB ports. Would work fine for thin client,
kid/granny computer, charity, fileserver, etc.

I'm trying to get it out of the house ASAP. I wouldn't mind a few (just a
few) bucks to cover the parts I put into it (CD drive, cables) but I can
also give it away. Please email if interested.

Thanks,

Winston Berger

----- End forwarded message -----

bill@newbreedsoftware.com