2005 Sep 14 11:33

Re: [vox] Speakers

Bill:

My brother is a professor in the business school at Davis.  He and I
have talked a lot about Open Source as a model, since his specialty is
describing how innovation or "breakthroughs" happen.  Especially we
have talked about collaborative environments fostering creativity.  I
wonder if it might not be interesting to invite him to speak.  Here's
a link to his book:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1578519047/qid=1126706897/sr=8-1/ref=pd_bbs_1/103-6393156-0235006?v=glance&s=books&n=507846

As another "idea," they have a pretty active program there (from what
I've read) in entrepreneurship and I wonder if it might not be
interesting to have my brother bring together the students in the
business program with the LUGOD members for a night of brainstorming.

Steve

On 9/13/05, Bill Kendrick <nbs@sonic.net> wrote:

> Anyone out here interested in speaking at LUGOD in Oct, Nov or Dec?
>
> --
> -bill!
> bill@newbreedsoftware.com
> http://www.newbreedsoftware.com/