2005 Aug 26 16:22

[vox] Re: Laptop recommendations -- my final decision

On 8/24/05, Ken Bloom <kbloom@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm looking to buy a laptop, and I would like to know whether anybody
> has recommendations.

In the end I got a compaq presario v2310us, based on the AMD Turion64
chip. I got it at CompUSA for about $850 after rebates, which seems
like an amazing deal for an AMD64. )ne of the rebates, a $150 rebate
only lasted 6 days, ending today, and apparently this was so popular
there were no more left in the 4 nearest stores to me. So I bought the
display model.

--Ken Bloom