2005 Aug 26 15:22

[vox] Laptop recommendations

I'm looking to buy a laptop, and I would like to know whether anybody
has recommendations. I'm looking for linux compatibility, in the $1000
range, with WiFi, 512MB ram (minimum), CDRW+DVD, and light enough to
easily be portable.

I found one interesting deal on a 1.33GHz 12" iBook, based on the
PowerPC chip, and I was curious whether anyone has any recommendations
about the current and future prognosis for buying a PowerPC-based
Macintosh.

--Ken Bloom
(who now lives in Chicago)