2005 Aug 10 12:13

[vox] [fwd] LTSP takes 'Best of Show' award at Linux World

Wow!

-bill!

----- Forwarded message from Jim McQuillan -----

Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 00:44:26 -0400 (EDT)
From: Jim McQuillan
Subject: [K12OSN] LTSP takes 'Best of Show' award at Linux World

At Linux World conference and Expo today (Aug 9th), we won the
"Best Of Show" award.  This is like the grand prize of Linux World, and
we're absolutely blown away by this honour.

We were nominiated for both 'Best Integration Solution' and 'Best Open
Source Solution'.  When both of those awards went to other projects, we
kind of figured it was over, and we just wanted to get out of the room.
But, we stayed till the end of the session, and the very last award
given was the 'Best of Show' award.  Never did we expect to receive such
an award, but low and behold, they announced that by unanamous decision,
the LTSP project had been chosen for Best of Show.

I mention that here in both the ltsp-discuss and the k12osn mailing
lists, because I truely feel that we ALL won this award together.

Certainly, LTSP would be nowhere without the community of volunteers
that has emerged from this project, and everyday, I'm thankful to be
surrounded by so many people who care for doing whatever it takes to get
the job done, and making LTSP what it is today.

So, we should all enjoy the spotlight that winning this award will bring
to our community.

Thank you,

Jim McQuillan
jam@Ltsp.org