2005 Aug 05 01:26

[vox] Moving to Sacramento, ISP recommendation

[vox] Moving to Sacramento, ISP recommendation

I'll be moving to Sacramento shortly (like within the week) and I
thought I'd take this oppurtunity to consider other ISPs.  I've been
with Omsoft for the past 3 years, and have generally been happy with
them, but I'd like to pay less (I currently pay $56.95 for 768/256 DSL +
static IP).  Also, due to complex reasons I may have to keep my phone
active at my current apartment until the end of the month, and I'd like
to have Internet in my new apartment before then, so cable Internet is
sounding like a lovely idea right about now.  I can stomach another
$50-$60 a month bill if it also includes decent cable.  But before
investigating this option, I was wondering what sort of experiences
people have had with cable Internet in Sac (midtown area) and if they're
Linux/Services friendly (don't really need a static IP more I think
about, so don't care about that option).
--
Sam Peterson
skpeterson@ucdavis.edu