2005 Jul 19 13:19

[vox] [OT] LED arcade game resembling "Braid" screensaver

[vox] [OT] LED arcade game resembling "Braid" screensaver

Very OT (my apologies), but I know there are some gamers on the list.

I'm trying to remember the name of an arcade game that was popular in
the early to mid 80's.  You are in a small ship and the goal was to
shoot at and penetrate a multi-layered (round, I think) energy shield in
the middle of the screen, while dodging other hostile ships and
projectiles.  Everything was LED-like (ala Star Wars and Asteroids).

The X screensaver called "Braid" reminds me of the energy shield thingy.

Does anyone remember the name of this game?

Thanks,

-David