2005 Jul 18 08:40

Re: [vox] Help disassembling a laptop?

As previously mentioned, all the good are underneath the keyboard. However, I've really never seen much dust build up on the inside of a laptop.

I actually have a Sony Vaio connected to my TV. It lives in a media cabinet filled with other hot gear. It gets pretty hot to the touch but it hasn't crashed on my yet. I leave the lid open up to let heat escape and I've inserted a pen cap where the lid latches to make sure the LCD monitor is off. I also took the back side of my media cabinet off to let heat escape.

I'd recommend using lmsensors and hddtemp to monitor the CPU and hard drive temperature. Maybe you could run a command keep the fan on when it gets hot.

Charles