2005 Jul 15 18:10

[vox] Picn*x14 logo contest winner chosen!

[vox] Picn*x14 logo contest winner chosen!

Jennifer and I[*] have chosen the winner of the Picn*x14 logo contest!

Susan Wickersham's image, using a BBQ-chef-shaped Tux penguin as the "X"
in "PICN*X14", is our winner!  You can see the image on most pages of
the Linux Picnic website ( http://www.linuxpicnic.org/ )

We also picked two runner-up images, both of which happened to be by the
same artist, Gunilla Leavitt.  The 1st runner up utilized Bill Ward's
concept of spelling out "PICN*X XIV", and using the Xs as picnic table legs.
The 2nd runner up is a red-and-white checker picnic blanket.

We've placed thumbnails of the winning image, and the two runner-up images
on the Logo Contest page:

  http://www.linuxpicnic.org/logocontest/

Some time this weekend we'll hopefully be able to put up all 15 images
(contributed by 11 artists) on that page, so everyone else can see what
people came up with.

Also, the RSVP system is now online!  So, if you want to come to this
year's picnic and haven't RSVP'd yet, head on over!

  http://www.linuxpicnic.org/rsvp/

See you at the picnic!

[*] Jennifer Davis and I are co-coordinating this year's event.

bill@newbreedsoftware.com       Sunnyvale Baylands Park, Sunday, August 14th