2005 Jul 06 23:35

Re: latex presentations (Re: [vox] Survey: What do YOU use Linux for?)

On Wed, Jul 06, 2005 at 09:42:41PM -0700, Jonathan Stickel wrote:

> After all this discussion about latex presentations, I'd like to point
> out the "Latex Beamer" package.  Website and direct link to the user's
> guide are:

> http://latex-beamer.sourceforge.net/
> http://www.tug.org/tex-archive/macros/latex/contrib/beamer/doc/beameruserguide.pdf

I haven't had a chance to try it out yet, but it appears to be much
better than Prosper (whose development, I believe, has ceased).  I
especially like the fact that one can use pdflatex directly, in contrast
to Prosper.  Also, it appears that Beamer will make for clearer, less
cluttered LaTeX code.  I look forward to trying it.  Thanks very much
for pointing this out.

Norm