2005 Jul 06 14:04

Re: [vox] Survey: What do YOU use Linux for?

On Wed, Jul 06, 2005 at 04:14:00PM -0400, David Hummel wrote:
> I would think that such a list actually is promoting Linux as a "general
> purpose" OS, because it will illustrate that Linux and OSS can be used
> for the same everyday tasks that most people use Windows and MS software
> for.  The sooner people understand this, the less reluctant they will be
> to embrace Linux as a viable alternative.

That was actually precisely the reason I did the survey. :^)
It _is_ interesting to hear what "non-average-Joe-User" things people
do with Linux, and many people who visit the demo _are_ interested in
Linux as a Unix-style environment to do work-related stuff.

But yeah, most LUGOD members seem to (also) use Linux as their desktop
environment, and I was curious /what else/ people use Linux for.
(My own computer usage is, actually, pretty basic!)

bill@newbreedsoftware.com       Sunnyvale Baylands Park, Sunday, August 14th