2005 Jul 01 13:17

lugod nameservers (was: Re: [fwd] Re: [vox] Re: Earthlink "test"messages to 'postmaster')

lugod nameservers (was: Re: [fwd] Re: [vox] Re: Earthlink "test"messages to 'postmaster')

on Tue, Jun 28, 2005 at 10:34:38PM -0700, Bill Kendrick (nbs@sonic.net) wrote:

[Quoting KMSelf]
> I think I'm the cause of this.
>
> On or about the 19th, Earthlink modified its outbound email server in a
> way that makes it impossible to send to a host that doesn't have an MX.
> Instead I get a bounce message from ELNK's smarthost of the form:

<...>

In looking into this, one other item came up.

lugod.org doesn't have a backup nameserver.  From WHOIS:

    Name Server:NS1.LIVEPENGUIN.COM
    Name Server:NS2.LIVEPENGUIN.COM

...however, ns2.livepenguin.com doesn't resolve.

Might want to get _it_ an IP, or find another 2ndary.

Peace.