2005 Jul 01 04:05

Re: [fwd] Re: [vox] Re: Earthlink "test" messages to 'postmaster'

On Thu, Jun 30, 2005 at 11:14:58PM -0700, Shwaine wrote:
> I've been considering Sonic.net for DSL when I move. I take it you'd
> recommend them then?

Yep!  I've had no problem with their DSL, which I've had down here in
Mountain View since I moved, exactly 12mos ago today :^)
(Well, okay, the DSL wasn't set up on day one, but... it IS the 1yr anniv
of my move from my temp place in SJ to my current place!)

> I like their user agreement and availability of static IPs and
> domain hosting.

They're generally cool people, too.  Pro-consumer (they go out and fight
the good fight[1]) and pro-Linux[2].

[1] http://www.sonic.net/whatsnew/fcc/washington.shtml
[2] Well, okay: "Sonic does not provide official support for Linux; we
    cannot provide telephone or email support for Linux-specific
    inquiries. For help, please post to the sonic.help and sonic.os.unix
    newsgroups."  But guess what, when you email support and say
    "hey, can you install a newer version of Links on the shell server?",
    they do it ;^)

bill@newbreedsoftware.com       Sunnyvale Baylands Park, Sunday, August 14th