2005 Jun 30 23:13

Re: [fwd] Re: [vox] Re: Earthlink "test" messages to 'postmaster'

On Wed, Jun 29, 2005 at 07:34:23PM -0700, Karsten M. Self wrote:
> That said, it lasted over a week, the Support group was worse than
> useless, and I got it addressed, finally, by requesting three times that
> the issue be escalated.   Which of course, it wasn't.  Mail to
> postmaster@earthlink.net was ignored completely.

What annoyed me was the random test messages to postmaster that I received,
with no explanation.  Just a dozen "test, ignore" messages all in a row.
Kinda hard to ignore.  More like, "WTF is the issue, exactly?" :)

<snip>
> I've been with Earthlink (originally Netcom) for a long time -- since
> 1997.

Oh yeah, Netcom! :)

<snip>
> I've been disenchanted with their support for years.  So long as
> there's IP when I dial in, I'm largely OK, but I *do* expect to get IP,
> DNS, and web space.  And for the mail to get through.

*cough* Sonic.net. *cough*  Aren't they up in your parts? :)

bill@newbreedsoftware.com       Sunnyvale Baylands Park, Sunday, August 14th