2005 Jun 28 17:16

[vox] Earthlink "test" messages to 'postmaster'

[vox] Earthlink "test" messages to 'postmaster'

I've been getting numerous emails to 'postmaster@lists.lugod.org'
with a variety of subjects/bodies along the lines of:
"test", "test, please ignore", "DNS test", etc.

The first two I got were from the same person.  When I replied to ask
what was up, I got a vacation response from them.  In their .sig it
mentioned they are part of Earthlink System Administration.

Later today, I received about 6 or 12 in a row from the same address,
which I reported (en masse) to 'abuse@earthlink'...  But now I've just
gotten one more.

What the heck is up!?  Has anyone else been seeing this?  Thanks,

bill@newbreedsoftware.com       Sunnyvale Baylands Park, Sunday, August 14th