2005 Jun 15 13:08

[vox] [fwd] LXer: Ubuntu Linux Desktop Reviewed

----- Forwarded message from Tom Adelstein <tadelste@charter.net> -----

Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 11:53:15 -0500
From: Tom Adelstein <tadelste@charter.net>
Subject: [school-discuss] LXer: Ubuntu Linux Desktop Reviewed

Ubuntu Linux has an interesting story to tell. You may find this article helpful in understanding this Linux phenomenon.

The founder once paid $20 million and trained for a year to go into space. He was a debian developer in the early 1990's, started Thawte in 1995 and sold it four years later for one half a billion.

After launching Ubuntu, the company shipped its 1 millionth CD within six months.

Many people ask if this is another Linspire and the answer is definitely no.

This is a mature Linux desktop, it's free, they'll ship you as many CD's as you want for free and there's no catch.

I hope you enjoy this story. It's Linux for Humane beings.

Tom

----- End forwarded message -----

bill@newbreedsoftware.com
http://newbreedsoftware.com/