2005 May 31 14:59

Re: [vox] Linux-compatible MP3 player recommendations wanted!

On Tuesday 31 May 2005 14:52, Micah J. Cowan wrote:
> On Tue, May 31, 2005 at 02:49:11PM -0700, Micah J. Cowan wrote:
> > On Tue, May 31, 2005 at 01:53:27PM -0700, Bill Kendrick wrote:
> > > What about those Zen things I've seen advertised and in store windows?
> >
> > I have the Zen Micro; to my knowledge, it does not support Linux.
>
> ...and of course, I spoke too soon. AFAIK Gnomad2 works with it; haven't
> tried it.

Gnomad2 is okay (though I mentioned the problem I had scanning directories
with large numbers of MP3 files).  I also just discoverd KZenExplorer, which
seems to be working just fine, though it's demonstrating a few minor quirks.

I agree that the Windows application that comes with the Zen player is very
nice for managing tunes on both the PC and the Zen, and does a fine job of
ripping CD's; and I also agree that the music player stinks.

--
Richard S. Crawford
http://www.mossroot.com