2005 May 31 14:08

Re: [vox] Linux-compatible MP3 player recommendations wanted!

On Tuesday 31 May 2005 13:53, Bill Kendrick wrote:

> What about those Zen things I've seen advertised and in store windows?

Hi, Bill.

A couple of years ago my wife bought me a Zen Nomad X-Tra (with 30GB) for my
birthday, and I really like it.  It hooks up to my FC3 box without a fuss,
and I can connect to it through KDE via kionjb
(https://sourceforge.net/projects/kionjb/).  There's also a program called
GNomad2, if GNOME's your thing, though that program has an issue with reading
MP3 tags that can make it take up to ten minutes to fully display a directory
with a few GB's of music files in it.  There's actually quite a bit of
support for the Zen Nomad out there.  And there's quite a bit of iPod support
as well.  :)

--
Richard S. Crawford
http://www.mossroot.com