2005 May 13 00:05

Re: [vox] [fwd] Re: [svlug] News: Linspire and Micro Center AnnounceExpanded Desktop Linux Offerings In Response to Customer Demand

Re: [vox] [fwd] Re: [svlug] News: Linspire and Micro Center AnnounceExpanded Desktop Linux Offerings In Response to Customer Demand

On Thursday 12 May 2005 10:04 pm, Bill Kendrick wrote:
(From: James Sparenberg)
> It seems that the initial laptop will be a Winbox (that's the
> company name nothing to do with M$)  Celeron 1.4ghz cpu 128meg ram
> etc etc. Nothing earth shattering.  Till you get to the price.
> $699.00

I wonder how that compares to something like a Dell Inspiron
2200.  I installed Ubuntu (dual booting with XP) on one of
those recently with excellent results, including the built-
in wireless.  Dell sells these for around $650.

> Yep It's actually no more expensive than the same model
> with that other OS.

Uh, why should it be more expensive?  Linux is free....

-- Rod