2005 May 11 17:45

Re: [vox] News: Linspire and Micro Center Announce Expanded DesktopLinux Offerings In Response to Customer Demand

On Wednesday 11 May 2005 04:21 pm, Bill Kendrick wrote:
>   "The partnership follows recent market research reports that
> predict revenues from desktop Linux PCs will grow to $10 billion by
> 2008. In addition, internal surveys by Micro Center reveal that
> more than 75 percent of its customers have an interest in running a
> Linux-based operating system."

75 percent??  That would be astounding if true.

On the other hand, with McAffee and the like jumping in your
face every time you boot up your new Windows PC, perhaps the
mainstream is finally catching on that there oughta be a
better way.

-- Rod