2005 May 08 17:00

Re: [vox] Maybe I will try Kubuntu and ignore Ubuntu

On Sun, May 08, 2005 at 04:28:05PM -0700, Bill Kendrick wrote:

> Someone has done a brief list of "48 problems encountered with Ubuntu"
> (and most of it turns out to be issues with Gnome and Nautilus) in
> their first 48 hours of using it:
>
>   http://mpt.net.nz/archive/2005/04/11/ubuntu
>
> Now, I haven't gone through, step by step, to find out if KDE has any
> of the same or similar issues.  I know there are some, but I also know
> many are issues which can be configured easily.

Exactly.  Although he brings up a couple of decent points, for the most
part this is a rant about (IMO) trivial user interface details that he
has obviously chosen to complain about, rather than taking the time to
configure them to his liking.  Nearly everything he is talking about is
highly configurable, as I'm sure it all would be in Kubuntu/KDE as well.

-David