2005 May 06 10:29

[vox] No Broadcast Flag!

In a major victory for Free software, a federal appeals court ruled this
morning that the FCC cannot require consumer hardware to recognize and
obey the so-called Broadcast Flag on digital television:

http://www.businessweek.com/ap/financialnews/D89TOLR80.htm?campaign_id=apn_home_down

This means that the technology to control digital receivers will be
available for Linux, after all - So I can build a MythTV box that gets
digital cable in high def.

Not that I watch TV, or anything ;-)

--
Marc Elliot Hall