2005 May 03 16:25

Re: [vox] Sarge is frozen!

On Tuesday 03 May 2005 13:52, Bill Kendrick wrote:
> "Sarge is now frozen!   Wheeeeeee!!!"
>

> They're shooting for a release date of May 30th.

Okay, since I'm new to Debian I guess I can ask this question.  What does
"release" mean.  I've got Sarge and I download updates/upgrades *every day*.
So does this May 30th release have any meaning for me?  My guess is that it
does not.  I'm guessing that this means that if someone downloads Sarge after
the release he or she gets the whole system, right?  And Sarge becomes
"stable" then, is that right?

Bob