2005 May 02 02:55

[vox] Grandma's Distro

Assume you're building a box for someone who'll be using their computer for
the following:

	Word processing
	E-mail
	Web browsing

And not a whole lot else.  Let's assuming that the user has no knowledge of
computers, but they're on a DSL or other high-speed connection.  The computer
will be administered remotely by me, and the user won't have their root
password.

What would you all consider to be the best distribution for this sort of
thing?  I'm leaning toward CentOS or White Box Enterprise Linux, since
they're both based on Red Hat Enterprise, and should have the same sort of
release cycle, making it less volatile than Fedora, and such a system would
be easy for me to maintain remotely.  But I'm wide open to suggestions.

--
Richard S. Crawford
http://www.mossroot.com