2005 Apr 18 21:53

Re: [vox] A philosophical question about partitioning

Bill Kendrick said:
> On Mon, Apr 18, 2005 at 04:19:25PM -0700, ME wrote:
>> To me, the function of a directory of music is much closer to how a
>> maildir directory of mail functions... lots of read only files, added as
>> needed and deleted as needed.
>
> Heh, well, that's a good point, too. :^)

What it really is, is this:
A need for storage of media files like this predates this heirarchy, and
as a result, a square peg must fit a round hole (usr /usr space or /var
space) or a brand new hole must be drilled (create a new directory in "/"
or utilize another strategy with the symlink and a mount point space item
to help ensure users can't user us system app/log space.)