2005 Apr 18 15:16

Re: [vox] A philosophical question about partitioning

On Mon, Apr 18, 2005 at 03:08:31PM -0700, Bryan Richter wrote:
> var != shared. In fact, the FHS doesn't specify a /var/share. /var is designed for
> variable data files and "transient and temporary" files --- none of which applies
> to music.

Yeah, that'd be  "ambient and contemporary" ;^)

I was going to mention this myself, too.  /var has always seemed like a
place where things are changing (rotating, getting deleted after a month,
etc.), so that doesn't shout "music collection!" to me. ;^)