2005 Mar 14 16:44

[vox] Caps-lock binding (was: vim no-brainer

[vox] Caps-lock binding (was: vim no-brainer

Who else here don't use caps-lock?  Do you use all 10 fingers (or 9, if
you use only one thumb for the spacebar) for typing?  Do you ever use the
extended keys (home, page up, end, delete, etc?)

I find that really strange.  I use all 103+ keys on the keyboard,
especially when using a word processor.  I'm angry at Microsoft for not
making use of the scroll-lock key (it has an interesting and useful
function under WordPerfect for DOS 5.1.)  I get very annoyed that Open
Office don't implement all the key combinations (and shift-mouse key
combinations.)

Anybody still use ctrl-insert for copy, shift-insert for paste,
shift-delete for cut, home for moving to the front of the line, end for
moving to the end of the line, page up to move up a page, page down to
move down a page, ctrl-page_up to jump to the first page, ctrl-page_down
to jump to the last page, ctrl-right_arrow to jump to the beginning of the
next word, ctrl-left_arrow to jump to the ending of the previous word,
num-lock to type numbers really fast on the number pad or do
calculator-style calculations or type in phone numbers like a telephone
except upside-down, caps-lock to type all-caps words like UNIX, shift-F12
to save under Microsoft Word, set keyboard speed to the fastest
possible setting because you get annoyed by the slow default
key-repeat rate, etc?  'cuz I do.

When I switch between Vim and Word I get very confused!

-Mark

--
Mark K. Kim
AIM: markus kimius