2005 Mar 14 23:59

[vox] vim no-brainer

While browsing some Vim help page, I came across something that seemed so
sensible, I don't know why I never saw it mentioned elsewhere. So, I'm
mentioning it now. :) The quote is "Note: If your <Esc> key is hard to hit on
your keyboard, train yourself to use CTRL-[."

I know a lot of people rebind the Capslock key as Control, but I bound it to
Escape simply for Vim. Now, I'm gonna bind it as Control, and bind the
Dvorak-friendly ^- (control dash, which would be ^', or control apostrophe, for
qwerty) to <ESC>. That way I get the benefit of a sensible control key for all
the other apps out there, without sacrificing too much for Vim. (Well, `too
much' is relative, but after two weeks with Emacs I don't mind the occasional
control key anymore. :) )

-Bryan

--
Bryan Richter