2005 Mar 13 19:28

Re: [vox] [OT] Alternate Vehicle Advice

On Sun, Mar 13, 2005 at 02:48:02PM -0800, Kang Sun wrote:
> Prius is fairly reliable and has good gas mileage, according to
> consumerreports (which I subscribe to).  Prius has more cargo room
> than Honda Insight.

Hehe, most bicycles have more cargo room than the Insight.
(Just kidding! :^) )

I'd love an insight, honestly.  It's perfect for daily commuting to
a tech job, especially considering I don't carpool with 3-4 other people
each day. :^)

I saw an Insight with the license plate "75 MPG", and had to yell out my
window to them to ask if they're serious.  Apparently so! :^)

For comparison:

  Insight:
    http://www.dennisjudd.com/car/hondaside.jpg

  Civic:
    http://www.theautochannel.com/news/2003/11/13/172783.1-lg.jpg

  Accord:
    http://www.seattleautoshow.com/models/honda_accordhybrid_b.jpg

  All the Hondas together:
    http://media5.motorcities.com/04G49330632396B.jpeg
    http://world.honda.com/news/2004/image/4040629_2_l.jpg

  Prius:
    http://www.autoimage.cz/Toyota/Toyota_Prius_2004_012.jpg

(That's the 2004 Prius, which I looked at.  WAY too fancy, and IMO, it felt
like I was trying to drive a submarine.  It was /really/ hard to see out of.
All the gadgets were not worth the additional cost, either.  The Civic we
got is... well... a _car_ :^) )

> Used civic hybrid is nice too but I think it's
> out of your price range since you want to pay around 15K only.

Yeah, the Prius has been around long, so I'm guessing the older ones might
be easier to find for less than the older Civics, which I believe only came
out in 2003.