2005 Mar 14 10:46

[vox] [OT] Alternate Vehicle Advice

Have you considered a used Toyota Prius?  I looked up on carmax
(sacramento/Roseville), right now it has two 01 Prius at around 16K.

Prius is fairly reliable and has good gas mileage, according to
consumerreports (which I subscribe to).  Prius has more cargo room
than Honda Insight.  Used civic hybrid is nice too but I think it's
out of your price range since you want to pay around 15K only.

Even a used civic or corolla will do nicely.  My wife's 1998 Camry can
do about 28-30 MPG with freeway mileage, less with mix and even less
with local but still above 23-24MPG.  Carmax has a 00 Corolla CE, 64K
mileages, auto but with some blemishes at 9,998 right now.  You should
get 30+ with Corolla on highways.