2005 Mar 13 08:13

Re: [vox] [OT] Alternate Vehicle Advice

The Toyota Prius is enviro friendly which uses both electric and gas motors. The electric motor reverts to a generator to charge up the battery. No need to plug it in. They say that you can get up to 65 mpg on fwy. Not a lot of power but if you are not into racing your buddies or towing then this is a good car for low gas consumption.

Out of your price range though. Prius hits 20 grand.

Jim George
Toyota technician
Elk Grove Toyota
If you want to know the trick stuff about this car, please let me know. Amazing what this vehicle does.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Hans W. Uhlig" <deathguard@yahoo.com>
To: "lugod's technical discussion forum" <vox@lists.lugod.org>
Sent: Friday, March 11, 2005 7:27 PM
Subject: [vox] [OT] Alternate Vehicle Advice

Since everyone here is used to not obeying the normal
I thought I would get advice here.

I am looking to replace my aging van with something
newer. I am looking for a vehicle with a pricetag
<15,000. So used is preferred. With decent room for
tools and GF and everything else.

Biggest Caviat is I need as high of gas milage as
possible. I now drive an average of 150-200 miles per
day as part of my new job and get milage. The better
the milage and handling of maintnence the happier I
will be.
Ive looked at hybrids but I dont have that kind of
capitol unless someone knows a place where I can find
one cheap.

Thanks in advance.

Hans W. Uhlig
Staples Technical Services