2005 Mar 09 15:29

[vox] Errors in software compilation

Hi everyone,

I am using a software package called GDAL here at work, and it compiles fine
on my Debian Sarge box... However, the *same* source tree fails to compile on
a similar machine running Slackware...

As far as I can tell the configure stage of the compilation works fine, but
when i call make;

---------------------------error messages--------------------------------
dylan@atmweb:~/src/gdal-1.2.5$ make
(cd port; make)
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/dylan/src/gdal-1.2.5/port'
make[1]: Nothing to be done for `default'.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/dylan/src/gdal-1.2.5/port'
(cd gcore; make)
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/dylan/src/gdal-1.2.5/gcore'
g++     -c -o gdalopen.o gdalopen.cpp
In file included from gdal_priv.h:190,
                 from gdalopen.cpp:94:
gdal.h:177:22: cpl_port.h: No such file or directory
gdal.h:178:23: cpl_error.h: No such file or directory
In file included from gdal_priv.h:190,
                 from gdalopen.cpp:94:
gdal.h:200: syntax error before `typedef'
[more and more and more syntax errors]

it looks like it is breaking after not being able to find two files:
cpl_port.h
cpl_error.h

however:
dylan@atmweb:~/src/gdal-1.2.5$ locate cpl_port
/home/dylan/src/gdal-1.2.5/port/cpl_port.h
and
dylan@atmweb:~/src/gdal-1.2.5$ locate cpl_error.
/home/dylan/src/gdal-1.2.5/port/cpl_error.h

...would suggest that these files do in fact exist...

is there something wrong with the include path, or the way in which GCC on
this machine is looking for header files?

thanks in advance!

--
Dylan Beaudette
University of California at Davis