2005 Feb 28 13:16

Re: [vox] OT: Star Trek (was [vox-tech] Assorted OO questions)

On Mon, 28 Feb 2005, Bill Kendrick wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 28, 2005 at 10:01:59AM -0800, Don Werve wrote:
> > To be honest, after the end of DS9, I was wondering why alarms weren't
> > going off in Engineering about the breech in the 'Suck' containment
> > fields.  Ergo, I stopped watching.
>
> What!?  You didn't like Voyager? :)

I didn't like Voyager either.  I actually liked DS9 towards the end,
except for the latter half of the last episode.

> Honestly, and unfortunately, Enterprise has grown on my recently.
> (Now that they've stopped all this time travel crap.)

Yes yes totally.  Especially the last handful of episodes.  Too bad
Paramount wants to kill it before the series matured.

Did anybody else think the last two episodes were hillarious?  They
finally answered the question about the absence of Klingon ridges in the
original Star Trek, no doubt due to all the discussions in the fanland
since the first episode of Enterprise thanks to an episode of DS9 where
they go back in time of the original Star Trek and Worf makes a comment
about a shameful Klingon past about the period of missing Klingon ridges.
=P

> I esp. like the Andorian fellow... I forget the actor's name, but he was
> Wayun <sp?> on DS9, which was a pretty cool, creepy, smarmy character. :)

He needs to find another job.  He's appeared as almost half of all races
in the Star Trek universe and it's a little annoying.  But he does make a
perfect Andorian (since they're so annoying anyway.)

-Mark

--
Mark K. Kim
AIM: markus kimius