2005 Feb 20 23:30

Re: [vox] [fwd] The (maybe) SHA1 hash crack

on Sun, Feb 20, 2005 at 02:37:34PM -0800, Bill Kendrick (nbs@sonic.net) wrote:

> Interesting read seen on NBLUG...

Note too that PGP are investigating a shift from SHA1 to more secure
algorithms.  Seen recently (Slashdot?).

There was also a post suggesting that with specialized cracking
platforms (was EFF's chip Deep Crack?), cracking individual messages
within a matter of days or less was likely.

"They" can't crack everything.  But they may be able to attack what
they're interested in.

ObIrony....

...of course, my sigs are similarly...

Peace.

    GNOME development seems to be in low orbit around an extrasolar planet.
    Way out of touch with reality, and no interest in phoning home.
    - http://zgp.org/pipermail/linux-elitists/2003-October/007724.html