2005 Feb 17 00:24

Re: [vox] Fwd: [vox-tech] Fwd: Re: [suse-security] SHA-1 broken -impact on SuSE linux versions

on Wed, Feb 16, 2005 at 09:10:52PM -0800, Rod Roark (rod@sunsetsystems.com) wrote:
> On Wednesday 16 February 2005 08:53 pm, wild bill wrote:
> > It is a very, very difficult attack requiring 2**69
> >  operations. The claim of "broken" is because a brute-force
> >  attack on SHA-1 requires 2**80 operations.
>
> Heh-heh.  What does the true geek say upon finding a way to
> increase his chances of getting laid by a factor of 2048?
>
> "That's not good enough."

Weeellllll....

...If your initial odds exceeded the heat death of the Universe, I'd say
that's a fair gripe.

Not speaking personally....

Peace.

    Arachnophobia:  actively obstructing search-engine spiders:
    http://zgp.org/pipermail/linux-elitists/2002-January/003898.html