2005 Feb 08 21:37

Re: [vox] Replacement Laptop

Richard S. Crawford wrote:
Jonathan Stickel said:

Please get one with an AMD chipset; best yet, get athlon-64!  This will
narrow your options down.  Compaq and HP both have models with AMD64.
My wife is looking at an Avertec model since they are lighter.

What is the advantage of getting one with an AMD chipset?

1. Intel needs competition.
2. Better performance/price ratio.

And if you go with AMD64, you can run a 64bit operating system!  This
means a much more powerful and "efficient" machine.

Jonathan