2005 Feb 06 20:47

Re: [vox] Stolen laptop

On Sunday 06 February 2005 6:02 pm, Karsten M. Self flailed at a keyboard and
produced this:
> Anything that laptop does by default when it's on the Net?  Fetchmail
> pull?  You might get your ISP to log accesses to your account and note
> what IPs it's coming from.  Likelihood for LEO assistance is low to
> middlin', but some high-profile cases have been recovered.  Tell 'em
> it's got client consulting data, names and personal identifiers like
> SSNs....

Hm.  It doesn't do anything particularly interesting, though if they launch
KMail it will automatically log in to my mail server at home and pull my
mail.  Yes, I've already gone ahead and changed all the passwords that
computer would use to automatically log in to various accounts (AIM, Yahoo,
e-mail, etc.).

I'll need to start checking those access logs.  Hmm.

--
Slainte,
Richard S. Crawford (mailto: rscrawford@mossroot.com)