2005 Feb 03 12:08

[vox] [fwd] Linux-friendly local hardware vendors [and FLOSSUsability event in SF]

Seen on BALUG and PenLUG lists...

----- Forwarded message from Eugene Eric Kim <eekim@eekim.com> -----

Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2005 11:23:00 -0800
From: Eugene Eric Kim <eekim@eekim.com>
Subject: Linux-friendly local hardware vendors

Can anyone recommend a Bay Area hardware vendor that is particularly
Linux or open source friendly?  I'm particularly interested in
laptops, but desktops are fine.

The reason I ask: I'm organizing an open source event later this month
(http://www.flossusability.org/) and am looking for folks who might be
interested in loaning us machines for the weekend in exchange for
sponsorship.

Suggestions appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

-Eugene

--
+=== Eugene Eric Kim ===== eekim@eekim.com ===== http://www.eekim.com/ ===+
|       "Writer's block is a fancy term made up by whiners so they        |

----- End forwarded message -----