2005 Jan 19 03:28

[vox] PGP question: Multiple Machines

I started playing with PGP over the weekend, and I'm having fun using
KMail at home to sign my e-mail and encrypt documents and generally have a
good time.

But since I use at least three different computers to access and send
e-mail and documents -- my FC3 desktop, my WinXP/FC3 laptop, and my Win2K
desktop at work -- how would I address the issue of signing e-mails when
my secret key is only on one of those three machines?  Would I use a
different key?  I certainly don't feel comfortable copying the secret key
from one computer to another, even over SSH, since that feels like
defeating the purpose to me.

...Or am I missing something fundamental about how all this works?

(Obviously, since this e-mail is sent via Squirrelmail from my desktop at
work, it's not signed.)

--
Sláinte,
Richard S. Crawford (AIM: Buffalo2K)