2005 Jan 11 11:44

Re: [vox] [OT] Anyone else getting hit with a deluge of virus emailbounces?

Re: [vox] [OT] Anyone else getting hit with a deluge of virus emailbounces?

I'm getting no more spams/virus/virus-reply than usual.  I'm guessing the
virus is, once again, Outlook-related?  Most of my friends use
Hotmail/Yahoo/MSN/Gmail.

-Mark

On Tue, 11 Jan 2005, Bill Kendrick wrote:

> It seems the latest(?) Windows virus is hitting people hard, and I'm one
> of them! >:^(
>
> Yesterday morning, I was greeted with nearly 900 bounced emails
> (including about 300 "you sent a virus" bounces) in my inbox.
> Today, the number skyrocketed to nearly 4000.
>
> I've asked my ISP if they can filter some of this stuff.
> (I already filter messages with the word "virus" into my spam folder.
> I don't spend much time /talking/ about viruses, compared to how often
> braindead servers complain that I sent them.)
>

> Is anyone else getting hit with these?  Or am I just lucky because some
> particular box out there has my address in it for this virus to use?
>
> -bill!
> bill@newbreedsoftware.com          April shower bring Kompressor power!
> http://newbreedsoftware.com/

Mark K. Kim