2005 Jan 04 11:26

Ubuntu (was Re: [vox] Re: [vox-announce] Reminder: LUGOD meetingtomorrow!)

Ubuntu (was Re: [vox] Re: [vox-announce] Reminder: LUGOD meetingtomorrow!)

I tried out Ubuntu on an older system over the weekend, and I was rather disappointed. The install seemed to go OK, but after rebooting it never got past Grub. I tried booting the live CD to see if I could fix grub manually, and that failed with a kernel panic IIRC. In the end I installed Fedora instead.

Yet another Debian based distribution has failed to impress me.

Jonathan

Hans W. Uhlig wrote:
and actually it is a live CD and an install CD
They sent them to me after linuxworld last year...
Receive them about 3 weeks ago

--- Bill Kendrick <nbs@sonic.net> wrote:

On Tue, Jan 04, 2005 at 08:53:59AM -0800, Hans W.