[vox] a new GRASS user group in the Davis area ?

[vox] a new GRASS user group in the Davis area ?

Hi everyone!

After some thought, and bouncing a couple of messages off of the people in
the official GRASS mailing list - it seems that there may be enough people
in the Davis area to start a user group for the open source GIS and image
analysis platform known as GRASS (http://grass.itc.it/index.php).

However, before anything happens I am curious if anyone in the davis linux
user group would be interested in GRASS, or perhaps if anyone has any
ideas on how this user group should be setup. Specifically, would it be
possible (or even desireable) to have the GRASS group associated (in some
way shape or form) with the davis linux user group.

some of the objectives of the GRASS user group would be:
-installation and setup of the GRASS environment for new users
-examples of how to use the program
-trouble shooting and general advice
-integration of local solutions or bugfixes back into the main source
tree, via the GRASS project leaders
-development of methods and workflow for a fully-functional open source
digital cartography system: composed of GRASS, GM, and perhaps the GIMP
and others?
-anything else that comes to mind!

Any ideas?

thanks in advance!!