Re: [vox] Dead Computer

If it's loose cable -> Just check that the connectors are in properly, and
so, try wiggling.  If the cable is bad, just replace.  (You probably got a
few old cables lying around, I bet, or a cable from another computer you
can swap w/ temporarily for the test.)

IDE-controller -> Add-on, might not be worth it, though.

Mobo -> Replace, might not be worth it, though.

BIOS -> Replace Mobo, possibly re-flash if you can get it to boot =P
(Again, might not be worth it...)

Good luck!!

-Mark

On Tue, 28 Dec 2004, Richard S. Crawford wrote:

> On Tuesday 28 December 2004 18:15, Mark K. Kim wrote:
> > Loose cable maybe???  If not, bad motherboard/BIOS/IDE-controller.
>
> Hm.  If that's the case, can the computer even be salvaged?
>
> --
> Richard S. Crawford (mailto: rscrawford@mossroot.com)
> AIM: Buffalo2K / http://www.mossroot.com
> "You can't depend on your judgment when your imagination is out of focus."
> -Mark Twain

Mark K. Kim
AIM: markus kimius
Homepage: http://www.cbreak.org/