2004 Nov 22 11:58

[vox] Speaker^H^H Topic needed for December 20th meeting

On Tue, Nov 16, 2004 at 01:29:04PM -0800, Ken Bloom wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 16, 2004 at 12:17:01PM -0800, Micah J. Cowan wrote:
> > On Mon, Nov 15, 2004 at 12:32:48PM -0800, Bill Kendrick wrote:
> > >
> > > Would anyone from LUGOD like to speak at our December 20th meeting?
> > > Or do you know someone cool who'd be willing to come speak?
> > >
> > > Let me know!
> >
> > I should be able to do something. It seems I still have quite a list of
> > potential topics on the web site, so if y'all want to pick something
> > from there...
> >
> >   http://www.lugod.org/meeting/tba/
> >
> > In addition to these topics, I would be willing to do a talk on
> >   * .NET/Mono and the C# programming language
> >   * Typography (could be applied to TeX or just plain word
> >   processing)
>
> TeX has my vote.

So, two votes for TeX, and no other feedback.

Actually, I was thinking more of concepts of typography, as applied to
TeX or other. But I could also talk on just TeX.

Since we've already had talks on TeX (which I was unfortunately not
able to attend), what specific concepts do people want to hear about?

One subject I could be prepared for would be adapting
OpenType fonts for use in TeX.

--
Micah J. Cowan
micah@cowan.name