2004 Nov 11 10:12

[vox] Re: Linux at the Movies

Bill

> Very cool!  Good luck, and let us know how it goes!  (Robin hit
> LUGOD a few times when he still lived up this way. I've been
> meaning to visit a LinuxMovies meeting to see what they're about.)

I'll probably write a web page about it.   Only problem is how to use
the tape that I always make of these sessions.  Can't work out how to
turn it into Ogg Vorbis format for download.  Mines a Debian Sarge
workstation with KDE 3.2 and Gnome.

I suppose it depends on your own personal tastes as to whether you
have an interest in movie technology.  The movie industry is supposed
to be about glamour and showbiz.  But, you can quickly get bored with
it if it's not your kind of thing.

Robin and Gabrielle have taken a media based technical project and
turned it into something else.  Well worth looking into.  Their San
Francisco based presentations are supposed to be better than the ones
in L.A.  Must be worth a short trip along the highway/freeway ?
Driven from Mt View to SF before now myself.  It's not too far :)

Regards

--
Richard