2004 Oct 30 14:43

[vox] "Even Microsoft limits it's liability"

[vox] "Even Microsoft limits it's liability"

An interest user comment to an article over at O'Reilly Network:

  Even Microsoft limits it's liability
  http://www.oreillynet.com/cs/user/view/cs_msg/22980

    "Also, Microsoft disclaims that this software will not infringe on
    the intellectual property rights of others. This is a potentially
    serious issue, as has been recently shown through the legal dispute
    between Timeline Inc. and Microsoft. Timeline has won a recent ruling
    which exposes all Microsoft SQL Server developers to a serious patent
    encumbrance.

    "Microsoft has a history of licensing third party code and patents
    in such a manner that still leaves developers and users exposed to IP
    threats. Even going back to the LZH/GIF Unisys patents..."

It includes numerous links for reference.  Enjoy ;)

-bill!
bill@newbreedsoftware.com                            New Breed Software
http://www.newbreedsoftware.com/               Tux Paint 0.9.14 is out!